Plastic Film Recovery Solution
Impact's Film Vacuum System (FilmVac) offers the ultimate flexible solution for collecting and conveying handpicked flexible plastics during the manual sorting process.
The Film Vacuum System is the perfect solution to remove awkward contaminants such as plastic packaging film and plastic bags from the waste stream.
The system consists of a series of specially designed material collection hoods which are typically mounted on the ceiling of the sorting cabin above the waste belts. The operator simply offers the plastic film or plastic bag to the hood and it is automatically sucked away.
We have installed many Film Vacuum Systems for waste management clients all over the world in order to improve the quality of their waste streams with this simple, but extremely effective and efficient solution. Alternative industries can also benefit from this plastic film removal solution, such as: commercial laundry (see images below), ecommerce, fulfillment and distribution.
A valuable addition to any Film Vacuum System, this simple design allows collected material to be compressed into an expanding plastic bag to produce a ‘sausage’ like bale. A single screw auger, discharge tube and retaining ring provide a simple yet highly reliable, cost effective solution to reduce bulky material into manageable volumes.
- Systems designed for poly wrap, films, plastic bags and packaging or whole plastic bottles
- Multiple collection points can transport material back to single baler or storage bunkers
- Eliminates the need for duplicate storage bunkers
- When working in conjunction with a baler can substantially reduce material volumes, storage space and transport costs
- Ergonomically positioned for operator comfort and ease of access
- High material throughput capabilities
- Helps improve overall quality of other recyclables through removal of plastic contamination
- Quiet closed loop operation
- Few wear items, low maintenance and highly reliable
- Variable length bales to suit manual handling requirements
- No complicated wire tying systems