Airlift - Flexible Plastic Packaging Recovery
A versatile system to extract flexible plastics from your waste stream.
Airlift – Flexible Plastic Packaging Recovery
The Impact Flexible Plastic Packaging (FPP) Airlift solution has been designed with MRF operators in mind, in order to assist them in removing awkward contaminants from the waste stream.
Impact’s Airlift is an innovative solution designed to work in conjunction with optical sorters to capture film that has been rejected from the material stream by the optical sorter air injection (see diagram).
As quality demands increase, MRF owners are investing in additional quality control for their optical separation to improve the quality of the fibre stream. Film contamination is collected using the Impact Airlift system, allowing other reject materials, such as rigid plastics, to be removed for overall improved quality.
Material captured by the system is discharged from the conveying air stream via the rotary separator and deposited into the film bunker below under the action of gravity.
(This solution is being installed in 15 recycling facilities across the US in 2022/2023).
Read Case Study here – Impact Airlift for FPP In Canada
- Improves the quality of the material stream by effectively removing FPP.
- Reduces maintenance of downstream machinery due to FPP blockages
- Potential to increase film and flexible packaging recovery to be used as a fuel source
- Significantly reduces manual sorting labour requirements and costs
- Significantly improves the performance of downstream processes by removing unwanted/tangling contaminants
- High material throughput capabilities
- Low maintenance and minimal downtime with quick release inspection doors
- Additional solutions to work in conjunction such as pneumatic transfer, dust control filtration and Briquetters