Dust Control Systems
Impact Air Systems offer a wide range of dust control solutions to meet the vast range of applications faced in modern day production environments.
Our robust range of solutions, developed over many years, allows us to confidently manage your dust issue. Whether you require a simple supply and connect dust bagging unit or a custom designed and professionally installed dust filtration/air recycling system, we are able to help.
We have supplied and installed centralised dust control systems in a wide range of industries such as power stations, waste management sites, commercial printing, corrugated board manufacturers, furniture manufacturers, packaging and conversion facilities, foundries, textile manufacturers and many more.
Working to standards and directives
Our engineers are qualified to BOHS P601 and P602 and work strictly to HSG258, COSHH 2002 regulations and Workplace Exposure Limits EH40 (UK regulations). Our systems are designed to help you to ensure compliance with ATEX 2014/34/EU and NFPA standards, supporting employers responsibilities to carry out DHA (Dust Hazard Analysis), where applicable. (All dust collection systems in the US are required to have a DHA no later than October 2018, this is one of the most important changes to NFPA standards in recent history).
- Fire/explosion – Combustible dusts present an explosion hazard when suspended in certain conditions which can result in catastrophic damage
- Occupational health issues – as well as creating an unpleasant working environment for staff, some types of dust can cause respiratory allergies, infection and long term health problems such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulminary disease
- Maintenance issues – An excessive build up of dust can get into moving parts and create problems with the efficiency of operational equipment
- Centralised dust control systems
- Local exhaust ventilation (LEV) systems to control or capture airborne hazardous substances and convey them to a point where it is discharged into the atmosphere or safely removed from the system
- Industrial ventilation to remove moist, warm air and replacing it with a supply of fresh air to substantially reduce temperatures, moisture levels and unwanted odours from the facility
- Custom designed hoods to effectively control emissions at source, whist minimising the air volume required to do so, leading to reduced on going running costs
- Return air ductwork allowing you to reclaim energy in the cooler months, whilst aiding ventilation in the warmer months to help reduce running costs of your facility
- ATEX rated components for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Briquetting systems designed to substantially reduce the volume of nuisance dust collected via dust filtration